Downtown Cleveland Alliance’s (DCA) Downtown Vision and Tactical Plan, Step Up Downtown, will create a holistic vision for linking and enhancing Downtown development districts, public spaces and assets.
The final 5-year plan, to be unveiled in July 2014, will set priorities for creating a fully connected and continuous urban fabric. DCA has engaged the Cleveland Urban Design Collaborative (CUDC) and Progressive Urban Management Associates (PUMA) to create the comprehensive plan over a seven-month process, begun in January 2014.
The plan will include an overall vision for Downtown, with recommendations for:
- Attracting businesses and residents based on a market assessment of current and future demands;
- Connecting existing Downtown districts and nodes of activity;
- Identifying and eliminating barriers to pedestrian activity and bicycle traffic;
- Identifying short-term and permanent strategies for vacant and underutilized sites that detract from the vitality of Downtown;
- Establishing priorities and project partners for specific projects.
Reinvestment is occurring in many parts of Downtown, but now we need to define the remaining gaps between key destinations and outline clear steps for improving connections. DCA invites you, as part of the downtown community, to participate in this critically important process.
Now is our time to Step Up Downtown.